We are currently helping the London Borough of Enfield reduce the contamination they are getting in their recycling bins. The target is to reduce contamination from over 15% to under 10% and save in the order of £750,000 in MRF charges and associated costs.
This is a detailed project and involves:
- A review of the historic communications and indentifying how it could be improved;
- Reviewing the recycling and waste pages of their website and identifying how the user experience could be made better;
- Developing a communications strategy and plan to reduce contamination;
- Designing promotional material to help householders understand what materials they can put into their recycling bin; and
- Producing material to help with the enforcement aspects of the project.
All communications channels available to the council will be employed as the project rolls out over the coming year.